GE Security Systems Review
GE Security Systems is part of the UTC Fire & Security conglomerate. The acquisition took place in 2010. General Electric manufactures security systems and hardware and consumers make purchases through authorized GE dealers. These dealers sell, service, and also monitor the home and commercial equipment.
Although based in the United States, GE Security has divisions all over the world and has authorized dealers globally. They provide security systems for residential, commercial, corporate and government ventures.
Some of the top-selling systems include:
- GE Simon XT Wireless Home Security System offers real-time monitoring allowing you to view household activity online. It also has wireless call-for-assistance devices that keep help within reach at all times. This unit communicates with Simon XT by phone or internet and can be purchased on Amazon for as little as $39.99.
The Simon XT is the smallest control panel available on the market today. The GE Simon XT supports a wide array of wireless sensors and additional equipment that provide smarter, safer protection. The intelligence of the Simon XT will provide your family with the highest measure of security, and peace of mind knowing your assets are protected.
- GE 51107 is a Personal Security Alarm Kit that includes everything you need to help secure your home, including an exterior door lock with keypad unlocking mechanism and three independent window alarms. Ebay sells this unit for $24 new.
What sets them apart?
GE Security Systems provides a variety of products:
- Access Control (software, cards, readers)
- Video Surveillance (central monitoring software and hardware)
- Intrusion Detection (detectors and panels)
- Key Management/Control (key box systems)
- Locking Solutions (electronic locks)
- Transmission (Networking, Fiber and UTP)